Tuesday 3 May 2011

And on and on......


I had my CT scan the following day in the end so not too long a delay and the results will be in time for my oncology appointment with Dr. Shah on the 10th May. I have also had the three radiotherapy treatments and have noticed that the lump in my back appears to have shrunk, which is great.

I am seriously thinking of delaying my chemo start for a couple of months so I will feel better to do the Race for Life for Cancer research in July and will feel fitter, the better to handle the side effects. It all depends on how the CT scan reads, if it shows I am still stable I will delay, but if it shows progression I will start straight away and struggle more with the race. After all, I want to be here next year to do the race again. I have done a race for each of the three years I have survived this devastating disease, and intend to do a few more races yet.

My poor sister is still suffering the results of all the steroids she has had to endure. She is unable to walk so is very much housebound for the time being. It is her birthday this week, another milestone for her cancer too. I have given her a voucher for the health suite she likes to use as their massages help her feel a bit better.

I landed up in hospital yet again, this time because my vomit was black (sorry to the squeamish). It seems I have had a stomach bleed, but my bloods are no worse so they think and hope it was a one off. Meanwhile my blood pressure has gone way up high and I need to get it sorted, if I can get a doctor’s appointment, which after 50 phone calls I have been unable to do.

We had our beautiful grandson Joseph for the afternoon on Monday and we had a wonderful time walking, eating icecream and playing poo sticks off the bridges.




This is Joseph (in blue) enthralled watching a show at his nursery school.

No comments: