Sunday 29 May 2011

May appointments 2011

Saw the Kidney consultant on Friday and he tells me my kidneys may not improve very much more which means I won’t be able to participate in any medical trials. However, he has put me on bicarbonate of soda capsules as they neutralise the acids in the blood which often helps the kidneys. He doesn’t want to see me for 2 – 3 months, so is not very worried about me, which is good. My eGFR went up from 16 to 18, a very slight improvement.


The Radiotherapist thinks the new lumps in my side may not be meosothelioma, but will keep a close eye on me and see me again in four weeks. I think the lumps are mesothelioma as they feel exactly the same as the ones on my back. The radiotherapy doesn’t seem to have shrunk the lumps, but hopefully has put the brakes on them for a while. The radiotherapist says he can treat them again but not yet.


We have booked a few days holiday in Devon early July and will try and get some short breaks in during this period of no treatment.

I feel very sad for a warrior who has passed away, she was a lovely person and I met her in October at the Mesothelioma UK conference. I send my condolences to her family.


There was a local mesothelioma conference in Maidstone last week where I met Mavis, who has meso too. It is lovely to put faces to names.

My lovely little Sister has decided not to have aggressive chemo as it won’t prolong her life by much and feels that quality of life is better than feeling ill doing chemo. She is very brave and we all respect her decision, hard though it is.



My photo today is of young Joseph, our grandson, made up as Spiderman. He loves to dress up.

No comments: