Tuesday 10 May 2011

Wow, I wasn't expecting this.



Well, I wasn’t expecting such good news. Most of my mesothelioma hasn’t grown and the rest has grown but only a small amount in six months. This means the Prof. has slowed everything right down and done a fantastic job. Therefore I do not need to go on any chemotherapy for the time being, which means I will be as fit as is possible for the Cancer research Race for Life in July! It also means we can think of a little holiday again. All in all this is great news.

I will have another scan in three months but can call the Oncologist and my wonderful nurse meantime if I am worried about progression or in pain.

The sickness is now properly controlled with medication, and my breathing with Seritide spray, so all in all an improved quality of life at the moment.

My sister is having a really rough time and has had to go back on steroids as she is virtually unable to walk. She is having such a bad time but is a real fighter. I have such admiration for her and hope to see her in a few days if she is up to a visit.


I am ten pin bowling again tonight in the league for the first time in nearly six months,; I will be bad but enthusiastic, but my team are very, very understanding. We were bottom of the league last season, so we hope to do better this time.



My photo today is of my darling grandson Jo, taken a few months ago, I think.

No comments: