Saturday 14 May 2011

Not good news.


Just a short blog as the news is not good.

Not a good day yesterday, my eGFR has gone down yet again to 16 and my creatinine up to 265. This is bad news because it means my kidneys are struggling again and going back into kidney failure. I am so disappointed.

Also my poor sister’s news is not good, her cancer has spread to her pancreas now and her prognosis is very poor. This has upset us all and we are all routing for her. She can go on a different chemo, as the one she was one had stopped working. Firstly she has to get fitter which may take a couple of weeks. Her bloods dropped right down so she had to have a 6 hour transfusion yesterday.

My sister in law is now home recovering from a breast cancer operation and is feeling quite bright. I was hoping to go and see her today but am too emotional with my sister’s news. We are going to see my sister tomorrow though.

I suppose as we are all living longer these other things will start to take over.

No comments: