Monday 22 February 2010

Mistletoe reaction

I have had quite a reaction from my first mistletoe injection; it should cause a small red patch and a little itching. Mine has caused a big red-hot patch with quite a lot of pain. My Doctor says not to inject anymore until I see him in two weeks. He had ordered 20gr. strength for my future use but it seems that the 2gr. strength is already strong enough. I must say it is a relief to not have to inject for a couple of weeks, as I wouldn't want any more sore patches around my stomach.

Currently the NHS pays for this treatment but I understand that MP's want to take homeopathic medicines off the NHS; I hope this doesn't happen as many people benefit from them.

I have volunteered to work at the Heart of Kent Hospice and my first day will be this Friday if the references have all come through. I will be in the fundraising office doing admin and some fundraising, I will find out more once I start. I am quite looking forward to it. I haven't worked since I was a classroom assistant for a term at our local primary school, before I was diagnosed as having mesothelioma, and I really enjoyed that too.



The painting of my daughter Emily and her Pete went down well, he has put it up on the wall, bless him.




Today's watercolour is one I have just done of our 16th century church on a snowy day, taken from the bridge.

1 comment:

Jonathan @ MesoRC.com said...

Hi Veronica,

I’m admittedly somewhat new to the space (asbestos awareness, advocacy & diseases related to exposure) but have read back through some of your older posts and must say you are leading a remarkable, inspiring fight. I’ll follow with great interest!

Best Wishes,
Jonathan
http://www.banasbestosnow.com