Saturday 8 May 2010

Good news after check-up in Germany

With trepidation we went to Germany on the 5th May for scans and a consultation with the Prof. on the 6th. The news however was good and he actually said my disease was stable, but not to forget it is still a terrorist. We were so pleased that I sent phone texts to our family straight away. The Prof. doesn't want to see me now until early August, so this gives me a quarter of a year more to enjoy before we go through it again.

It has now been two years since I was first diagnosed with mesothelioma and I feel really good and am told I look healthy too.

Before our trip to Germany we had a holiday which was extended by an extra six days because of the volcanic cloud. We didn't mind too much as we were in a very nice hotel and enjoying the hot weather.

The race for life is one week away and I have raised £1300.00 so far, just £105.00 short of my personal total last year. Gift aid gets added onto this figure too. We have a good team again and they are also avidly fund raising too. I just hope the rain lets off unlike last year. If the weather is clement enough we will have a picnic in the park for our efforts.

The painting this time is of an old knarled tree I did this month. I am quite getting into this painting lark.

No comments: