Wednesday 2 June 2010

May and Mistletoe

Being stable is taking some getting used to. After fighting the Mesothelioma for two years it is not easy to relax.

It is such good news from Debbie Brewer that Dr. David Kessel, of St. James Hospital, Leeds, is considering doing the Prof.'s medical trial, thereby bringing his chemoperfusion (TAPC) treatment at last to the UK. Others and I know that this treatment seems to work for some Mesothelioma patients against nothing else that does.

Who would have thought that I would still be alive two years after diagnoses, isn't life great!

The mistletoe injections are going well, apart from the insane itching at the injection site. It does seem to have helped my getting off to sleep too; I have ditched the sleeping pills.

I am now eating asparagus once a day as it is said it helps to fight cancer. This is not a hardship as I love it and it can be bought in Lidl for £1.29 per jar, and a jar lasts three days.

Our village amateur art group held an exhibition for the Heart of Kent Hospice, where I volunteer in the fundraising department one day a week. We raised an amazing £225.00 in just two hours and I sold my first painting too. Ace!

The landscape watercolour painting this time is experimental, I used a palette knife to see what would happen. I quite like the effect. .

No comments: