Friday 27 August 2010

Devastating news.

Suffering with a nasty chest infection for the last 10 days, I have now got some strong antibiotics and hope this finally knocks the infection on its head. The Doctor has taken blood to see if my white blood count is OK as I only had chemo (in Germany) two weeks ago.

We had some really bad news last week, my youngest sister has been diagnosed with renal cancer and is seriously ill. She needs operations and drugs to help her. This is a tremendous blow to her and us and I can't believe how unlucky our family is. She is being very brave and I know that, like me, she will fight this with all her might.

We are off to Germany again on the 8th September for treatment on the 9th, hopefully my bloods will be OK by then and I can have the treatment. I will also get the results of the August treatment.

I am losing quite a lot of hair after the August treatment. I had forgotten this side effect to the chemoembolization. Fortunately it doesn't all fall out, just thins a lot.


The picture this week is a photo is of me and my lovely sister taken about 20 months ago.






No comments: