Tuesday 21 September 2010

Meso Warriors


Four fellow mesothelioma sufferers have lost their battle this month; this is a bastard disease. My thoughts are with their families.
We all try and support each other and our families, which is lovely, but is sad when another brave sufferer dies.

I am still feeling chemo'd, nauseous and muzzy headed, it seems to be lasting longer this time for some reason, 12 days so far.

I am going to Germany again for treatment for the 4th of October. I am hoping it is the last of this series, I won't know until I get there though.

There is a Mesothelioma Patient & Carers meeting in London on the 2nd of October and Prof. Dr. Thomas Vogl, my doctor in Germany, is coming to talk about his treatments. It will be fantastic to meet up with all the people I am in contact with, regarding mesothelioma, and putting some faces to the names. We all intend to wear matching T-shirt's designed by a fellow meso warrior Cher Bright. Even the Prof. is going to wear one we think. It will show the solidarity and comrade we all feel knowing each other.

There is a local charity that has built and runs a school in Farato, Gambia. They are having a fundraising art exhibition, with mostly professional artists, and I have dared to put in some of my paintings. Thirty percent of each picture sold will go to the charity, let's hope one or two of mine sell too.

Emily, our daughter performed at the 'Her Majesties Theatre', Haymarket, London, that is currently showing the Phantom of the Opera, on Sunday and we are so proud of her, it was a great night. She is also in the regional finals in October for the Open Mic competition and we will be supporting her there too.

Our grandson Joseph has just started at his new nursery and seems to be picking up all new bugs from this new set of children. Poor Joe has had enough of illness.








Today's picture is of Cher's design for our mesothelioma meeting T-shirt.

No comments: