Wednesday 6 October 2010

Ouch!


Just back from Frankfurt and the treatment this time was quite painful. As the Prof. goes into the same site each time it gets more painful. He says he'll go in from my left side next. I do wonder how long I can go on with this though.

Again I got the shakes and had to have oxygen for an hour as my breathing can get difficult immediately after the treatment. I have not yet had any reduction in my meso but he says it is sleeping where he has treated this time. He wants to treat me again next month then I can have a rest. Presumably he is therefore saying I will need to continue to have more.


I did hear some good news today though, Cher Bright, another patient, has got some reduction in her meso and is stable. The Prof. wants to do one more treatment on her. Several of us Brits have gone over to Germany this week and I send them all the luck in the world for a good outcome..

Last weekend was the Patient and Carers Mesothelioma Conference in London. It was so good to meet up with the people who have been encouraging and putting faces to names. It makes it all seem so much more real.

There seemed to be nothing new happening on the horizon for this awful disease. I am hoping for a breakthrough before it is too late for my fellow sufferers and me.

My photo is of a group of us at the conference in our Cher Bright Meso t-shirts.

No comments: