Wednesday 27 July 2011

Well, the time has come. My Oncologist says that I am in a dangerous phase, a euphemism for ‘final stage’. He says I have just 4 – 8 months to live and that he doesn’t recommend me going onto chemo as he thinks I am so weak that the side effects will outweigh the benefits, if any. He says the chance of chemo working is just one digit. He says there is the Adams trial so I will find out more about it. He has given me steroids to make me stronger and will see me in a week and will talk about chemo then. This has been a big shock to us as my last appointment said I was pretty stable, now he says it is growing aggressively and has penetrated my abdomen too.
Not much else to say other than I am allergic to quinine and have a horrendously itchy allergy rash, which I could do without at the moment.


I am sorry for the bad news, but although we knew it was just a matter of time, it still comes as a shock.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ronny
thoughts are with you and your family
remember a lot can happen in 8 months
amanda