Monday 14 December 2009

Two weeks before Christmas

I hear today that BA cabin staff, in their wisdom, have voted to strike over Christmas and the New Year. We have booked BA to travel to Germany for my next chemoembolization, leaving on the 3rd January. They say the strike will end on the 2nd, so we are a bit anxious in case our flights are disrupted, or even cancelled. I have my treatment on the 4th.

We are getting more into the Christmas spirit now and have got most things we need for the festive season. My lovely Daughter in law, Hannah, has offered to host Boxing Day. This will take a lot off my shoulders as there will be about 10 people and we usually have it at our house.

I have read that some complimentary medicines can stop chemo drugs working properly.

http://www.mesotheliomanews.com/2009/12/08/mesothelioma-therapies-can-be-harmful/ and http://altmedicine.about.com/od/herbsupplementguide/a/herb_mistakes.htm.
This hadn't occurred to me before. I will have to check out my anti oxidant drugs with the Prof. as
they contain vitamin C which can negate certain chemo drugs. Well, I learn something new every day!


What has happened to all the turkey crowns this year, I cannot find one anywhere. I guess it will have to be the whole turkey roast.


Todays picture is an ink and watercolour winter scene I did in 2007.

No comments: