Saturday 5 December 2009

A short sun holiday before Christmas.


We had a good week's holiday and the sunshine was most welcome. We cruised between the Canary Islands, Madeira and Morocco. When we left home I was feeling exhausted from the Chemo but the sun soon put a spring in my step. We met lots of interesting people and visited places we haven't been to before.

I get a nice gap now before my next chemoembolization treatment and intend to enjoy Christmas with my family.

I have been asked what I do to help my condition so here goes. I try to eat ten varieties of fruit and vegetables a day, as my son Stephen read of a Mesothelioma patient living for five years with his condition and this is what he accredited his longevity to. I don't often manage 10 a day but usually get in between 7 - 9, which I hope still helps. I also take 'Maximum Antioxidant', which I buy from Holland and Barratt for about £3-4.00 for 30 caplets; I take two a day. They also contain selenium with A, C & E + Zinc, and lots of other goodies. The fruit and veg and these caplets are all high in antioxidants, which helps to mop up any stray cancer cells. Or at least I hope they do.

My friend Debbie Brewer, who is doing amazingly has Mistletoe injections and swears by them. Certainly doctors in France and Germany advocate its use for cancer patients but I haven't tried this route yet, I am not sure why I hesitate, but I do.

I definitely feel that something has changed after my last treatment, I just hope it isn't just wishful thinking though.

I can now start on my Christmas shopping, if there is anything left in the shops!. I can't believe Christmas is only twenty days away!

Today's picture is of the floods that hit our village a few years ago in October 2000, it is an aerial shot.
I really feel for the people who have flooding this year.

It is our village Christmas Market today and it is a well attended do. People come from all over to it. It starts with children singing carols then has lots of stalls and hog roasts, mulled wine and street entertainers and a good time is had by all.

The nuts have survived amazingly.

.

No comments: