Wednesday 29 December 2010

Worse ever side effects.


There is no doubt that the treatments the Professor has done have had a positive effect on my tumours. He has stopped them growing bigger and this is an amazing achievement. However, I have been so ill for two weeks after the last treatment that I must have a break. The side effects are cumulative and pretty much unbearable after the five treatments in a row. I have had nine in all.

I have cancelled my January appointment with the Prof. and told him that I will undoubtedly be back at some time for further treatment and he accepts my decision. I thank him for keeping me going all this time.

My current option is two months of no treatment to give my body a chance to rid itself of all the chemo that has built up. Then in late February I am having a CT scan at St. Bart’s and we will talk about the IPM chemotherapy that Dr. Steele is recommending. It has shown a 30% – 40% reduction in patient’s tumours, so I must give it a go.

I know the disease will beat me eventually but all the time I am able to get about and do fairly normal things I will fight it tooth and nail.

I had a very good Christmas in spite of feeling unwell and am looking forward to another new year that I didn’t expect to see.

I wish all my friends and everyone else a Happy and Healthy new year for 2011.

No comments: