Friday 25 February 2011

Better News

I wanted to post this better news quickly for all who have been worried for me.

I saw an oncologist today at St. Bart’s. They had cancelled my appointment because I had an emergency one in January because of my kidneys, but didn't tell me. However they got my files and saw me straight away. It was not Dr Steele, but the oncologist I saw in January. He told me that I can probably have some chemo whilst on dialysis including cisplatin which is what he thinks ruined my kidneys.

I won’t be able to participate in any trials though, including the IPM trial. If my kidneys should improve this week and continues to do so they can’t do chemo until the eGFR count is nearer normal, probably many months away. So the news was better than I was expecting, which has lifted my spirits somewhat and also my family’s.

My Meso is currently stable and he says that the Professors’ treatment has done some good, which is good news too.

At least I have some back up chances again so let’s hope they find a cure this year for Mesothelioma and other cancers.


My wonderful son Christopher took a day off work and drove me to the Hospital, a nearly two hour journey each way. I was worried about being sick in the train, and was in fact sick in the car, but with family, not strangers. My other Son Stephen and Emily my daughter have offered to drive when needed too. What amazing children I have.

Thank you all for the tremendous support you have given me through all this horror, it has been a very stressful few days..




1 comment:

Suhana Ansari said...

Chest pain is considered a chief symptom of heart related problems.
It can occur due to various causes such as heart attack, pulmonary embolism,
thoracic aortic dissection, oesophageal rupture, tension pneumothorax and cardiac tamponade.

I like your blog because I found very Important quotes on your blog. for more information of these types please click on :
TREATMENT FOR CHEST PAIN