Thursday 26 November 2009

Passed the buck.

I have waited until today to update this blog as I was seeing my surgeon Karen Harrison-Phipps this afternoon. The x-ray she took was OK and she was pleased, it didn't look any worse than six months ago. I still feel a bit chemo'd out but am looking forward to the holiday, sunshine here we come.

I still feel a lot going on in my chest and I am sure it is the chemoembolization doing its job.

Three other ladies were diagnosed at the same time as me and I asked my lovely Macmillan nurse Sandra how they were fairing. Three of us are still going but one had died through complications with her second-round chemo. She caught pneumonia and was overwhelmed. I send my condolences to her family. This is one of the big risks with chemo, as your immune system takes a hammering, and why I won't see anyone in my first week of treatment each time.

I have passed the buck for most of my Christmas gift buying by sending cheques to my cousins so they can get their children something that is wanted rather than my choice which could miss the mark. So thank you cousins for doing this for me. This also has the effect of sorting out over 50% of the presents I have to buy, a result!
I will have 2 -3 weeks after the holiday to get the rest and this should suffice.

Today's picture is of one of my own paintings of a winter flower done a year ago. I must say it looks better small like this than the original size.

Still haven't touched the nuts but I keep noticing them, the temptation is soo strong!!!



No comments: