Wednesday 30 March 2011

My mesothelioma is on the move again.



My mesothelioma is again on the move. A lump has appeared on my back below the operation scar and my GP said it is likely to be mesothelioma. .

I rang my oncologist straight away and got an appointment for the next day, which impressed me. He confirmed my GP's diagnosis and is sending me for radiotherapy, then a CT scan with the view to putting me on Vinoralbine chemotherapy in six weeks time.


This was quite a blow to me as I was only told at the end of February that my mesothelioma was stable. At least this chemotherapy is one that I can tolerate with impaired kidneys, but the side effects are likely to be as bad as my first chemotherapy. I just hope the symptoms are controllable; my hair will thin, I will have nausea and lethargy.


At least I am able to have some treatment. Vinoralbine is known to help in 15 - 19% of mesothelioma patients, so I just hope I am in that category.


I WILL keep fighting all the time there is quality of life and hope.


My daughter Emily was brilliant in her role as Miss Adelaide in Guys and Dolls and we are so proud of her. It is very difficult for young actresses to get started in the acting profession especially if they don't know anyone with influence.

No comments: