Tuesday 5 April 2011

A slight set back.

This week I have a slight setback, my eGFR has gone down from 21 to 10 and my creatinine level up from 203 to 227. This means my kidneys have stopped improving. I have certainly been drinking more tea than water and think perhaps I need to reverse that.

I am still waiting for a radiotherapy appointment and it has been a week, I thought this was meant to be urgent. If I don’t get an appointment date today I will get onto my lovely McMillan nurse Sandra Wakeling, who will sort it out for me.
I was being extremely sick yesterday evening and Rob called NHS Direct who kept him on the phone for half an hour before saying he should call the on-call local doctor. This he did and they said a doctor would phone to say when he was coming out. He called ten minutes later and said he had two calls to make first. Three hours later, at 2.30 in the morning, Rob rang to say we needed to go to bed so we cancelled the Doctor. I had found that laying down on the settee stopped my sickness. We were hoping to get an anti-sickness injection as I couldn’t keep down tablets.


This morning I was able to take a tablet, so fingers crossed I will not be sick so much today.

No comments: