Wednesday 28 October 2009

My friend Debbie Brewer

I had quite a scare last night. Debbie brewer, who put me onto the treatment of chemoembolization, left a message on face-book to say that the mesothelioma had spread to her chemoembolization wound site and that she thought this was as a result of the treatment.

I am so sorry for Debbie that this has happened and also immediately got into a panic that the same would happen to me. Needless to say I had a pretty tough night worrying about it.

The good news this morning though is that the Prof. thinks that Debbie's problem is 'most likely it is a general lymphatic problem, there is no way for the meso to track through the vessel, because we never touched the cancer'. So we are keeping our fingers crossed and hoping that the enlarged lymph node at the wound site is just responding to infection and is hopefully nothing too serious for her.

Debbie has been a real inspiration to me and others stricken with this dreadful disease, and we all wish her well for a long long time to come.

I have to say I was quite worried and was turning over in my mind whether I would continue with the treatment. Of course I really have no choice but to continue as nothing else is on offer. It is good to know though that I don't have to worry now.

I am getting a bit nervous about my second trip to Frankfurt, as this is when I will find out if the treatment is working for me. Having just done another chemo drug trial that didn't work has knocked my confidence a bit.


This is a picture I took of the sunset from our hotel balcony in Havana, Cuba. I like to add a picture each time to break up the rhetoric a bit.

I just got a good price for the Euro for our December trip, which will be the third. By buying ahead I can get a speculative price by taking a chance that the rate won't change too much. Fingers crossed!

We have booked a holiday, we are going on a Mediterranean cruise visiting Madeira, Morocco and the Canary Islands and it should still be fairly warm too. We have to book pretty much last minute for holidays, as the future is a bit uncertain for me. Still, it is a good excuse to keep having short holidays and we also benefit with late booking prices, so an extra bonus for us!

I actually bought our nuts, yes nuts, ( you read correctly) for Christmas today as we had real trouble getting any near Christmas last year. All we have to do now is to NOT eat them now and then have to buy more!

No comments: