Saturday 31 October 2009

Holloween


I have just come back from swimming, and yes I did remember my costume this time, I always feel virtuous afterwards.

My lovely husband Rob read my blogs yesterday and said he was hurt, as I hadn't mentioned how supportive he is. I feel guilty for this but it is only because I feel so safe, comfortable and loved by him that I am able to relax and not have to worry about how he is towards me. Rob has pretty much taken over the household chores and is a rock in my life. He is always alert to how I am and accompanies me on everything I do. This would be a different type of trauma for me if he were not around. I do worry about him, as this is as hard for him and my family as it is for me. He says he feels helpless but for me he is doing all he possibly could and I love him.

I am having some good feedback and being introduced to some sufferers and carers who are all going through the same thing. It is frightening how many people are getting this disease and that they are all having to pay to have treatment abroad when we could easily do it here as we do for other cancers. It is not a difficult procedure and would benefit those that do not have the funds.

I am going to bring the subject of chemoembolization at my appointment at the Royal Marsden. I wonder if they would be interested?

Today's photo is of some of the old cars that are around in Cuba. When they kicked the Americans out they left all their old cars and the Cubans still keep them going. Some are literally held together with duck tape and string, but they are lovely to see.

Each time I have chemotherapy my navel gets sore, has anyone else heard of this happening?

Tonight is Holloween and we get quite a lot of 'trick or treater's' calling, especially the youngsters from our close, they are so cute. I always wear a scary mask and make them jump when I answer the door.

I have to be careful though as one year a three year old knocked and when I opened the door with a big roar he ran off crying. I did feel guilty, but it was very funny, even his mum laughed which didn't help.

Our house is 20 years old and starting to show its age. We have inset light fittings upstairs that are expiring one by one. They just pop out of the ceiling and collapse. I have my friend Nick, who is a builder, coming to assess them today. We have about six of these lights and they started misbehaving straight after the roof laggers finished lagging out attic. Hmmm.



No comments: