Saturday 9 January 2010

After the third treatment.

I am so glad we went to Germany when we did and managed to miss the worst of the snow.

I have been sick the last few days, only to be expected really with the strength of the chemo the Prof. gives. I feel slightly better today and this should now improve as the week goes on. It seems my reaction to the chemo gets a bit worse after each treatment.

This also happened with the conventional chemo I had in 2008. Still, it is a very small price to pay for continued life.

The last two years have been a nightmare, getting diagnosed, the operation, Radio therapy and the chemo in 2008, the Sorafenib chemo drug trial last year and the two German treatments. I hope this year will be better, the German treatment will come to an end and I will hopefully have some quality months ahead, fingers crossed.

The Prof. is coming over to do at least two talks, one Dublin on the 27 January and he is also speaking on Friday 29th January 2010 - Pembroke/Herbert at the 8th Annual British Thoracic Oncology Group Conference 2010. The Prof. was invited by Dr Steele at St. Barts.

It would be great if some of our Oncologists would be prepared to listen and maybe take on the procedure. The Prof. has offered to show them how he does it.

I have just heard from one of my Oncologists that he is going to the meeting and hopes to hear the talk. I am sure they would love to be able to say there is something that can be done.

The snow is lovely and forces us to be more chilled and not rush around so much, so that can't be a bad thing.

Today's picture is of a still life watercolour I did with just shadows painted.

We STILL have nuts left, although I haven't fancied any the last few days, Rob is chomping through the quality street tin too.

No comments: