Wednesday 13 January 2010

January snow time.


I will recap on some of the things said in my previous blogs. I emailed the Prof. with the whole list of ingredients in the Holland and Barratt 'Maximum Antioxidant' caplets and he says they are fine and won't interfere with the chemo he gives as part of the chemoembolization treatment.


These cost about £3.80 for 30 caplets and I take one two times a day. I find that they repeat on me so I break them in two, which seems to work.

I also take one 400mg of Echinacea twice a day and the Prof. says these are OK too.
I often forget to take my large pinch of normal powdered Turmeric a day but do it when I remember. I take it neat and have a drink of water ready, as although it isn't too foul it is not pleasant.


Someone suggested that I sprinkle it on my food so this might work better for some.

I hope all these supplements work. I do know that my whole family have suffered coughs, colds and virus' this winter and, touch wood, I have not. And that is even with the chemo knocking my blood count down too.

If anyone is toying with the idea of going to see Prof. Vogl, I would say don't hesitate. There are too many people who are responding extremely well to the treatment to delay it.


The sooner the treatment starts the less that has to be treated.

Good luck to Mr. Jordon who is going out next week for treatment, a lot of people are thinking of him and wishing him well.

I have emailed the Prof. to ask about further ablation treatment after the chemoembolization finishes. This would be to get rid of anything visible remaining.


He says he will discuss it with me at my next treatment.

I know he has done this for others and want to explore all possibilities to delay any reoccurrence of the mesothelioma.

I will add on the side bar a note on how to contact the Professor if you want to pursue treatment, he will always reply to emails and very quickly too.



My picture this time is a watercolour I did of a conch shell, I just loved it's variety of colour.




Still munching through the nuts, next year I will only buy three packs once!


No comments: