Tuesday 19 January 2010

'Race for Life' sign up


Two weeks have passed since my last treatment and I am just starting to feel human again.

I am having some trouble breathing on exercise but put this down to my lung being inflamed because of the treatment. At least I can feel something happening again, so that is good news.

Others are now going to Germany for Chemoembolization with the Prof. so the word is spreading that he is an amazing, skillful and dedicated man.

I am so optimistic that I have entered myself for the Cancer Research Race For Life again this year, at Mote Park, Maidstone on the 16th May, and hope to beat the team effort of £4000.00+ that we made last year.
I have already raised over £300.00 of sponsorship and the page has only been up 24 hours.!

The team is now being formed and we will do our best to raise as much as possible. Thank you to our sponsors.

I have on my mind someone who is going for his first treatment today and know how apprehensive he will be. He will be so relieved at the end of the day to know it was nothing to worry about. I wish him a successful treatment.

So many people in the UK are being treated successfully that word MUST be getting to our Oncologists that there is an alternative to 'There is nothing more we can do for you'.



Today's picture is of last years 'Race for Life' team, all in good spirits even though it was raining. The hats kept the water off our faces. There was a tremendous spirit of camaraderie, a great day. Thank you to Jackie, Georgie, Clare, Emily, Dawn and Anna, well done.

Oh, the nuts have FINALY gone, as have the sweets. If I breath in hard I can pretend that I haven't put on any weight!!!




No comments: