Tuesday 5 January 2010

Very good news


Good news, my lung is more expanded and the last treatment has shrunk the part of the tumour that was treated a bit, but more important is that that part of the tumour is dying and now much less aggressive.

This means that the treatment is working and will give me some extra time. We don't know how much of it will die but anything is good as far as I am concerned.

The Prof. says I may only need one more treatment.

We are booked to go back on the 3rd February and will know more then. If that is indeed the last treatment I need I will have a follow up three months after that.

The news is so encouraging, especially when diagnosed I thought I only had 8 - 10 months left. This is not a cure but is better than anything available here and who knows when the cure will come. Hopefully the Prof. can keep me going until that amazing day comes.

More and more people are going to him and mostly with very encouraging results, what more can I say, except thanks to our Debbie Brewer who got the ball rolling here.

I understand that the Prof. has at last been invited to the UK and will talk to the British Thoracic Society meeting in Sheffield next month I think.

Maybe this will roller-coast and get the treatment recognised in the UK!

This picture is of Ebony, our latest family edition to my nephew Sam and his Michelle. A lovely family and a beautiful picture.


1 comment:

Ann Waters said...

One of the most adorable babies I have ever seen. x