Friday 15 April 2011

A dilemma


Well, I have a decision to make. If I go on Vineralbine chemo, I will be exempt from entering the ADAM trial as it is for first and second line patients only, The Vineralbine will be my second line. There is no guarantee I would be accepted for the ADAM trial as they have to check my histology to see if my mesothelioma has the the right makeup. Then I could be on the control end of the trial as it is a stage two trial, whereas the Vineralbine has shown success for fifteen to nineteen percent of meso sufferers. I suppose the Vineralbine has some chance, however small. Mr Steele, my Oncologist suggests I should go with the Vineralbine and I may be able to IPM chemo later if my kidneys recover enough.

I had another blood test today and will get the results on Tuesday. They will show how my kidneys are doing and my red blood count level. I start my radiotherapy treatment next week, from Monday to Thursday and won’t need to make a definite decision until May the 10th about the chemo. I will have to give it some thought.

On a very positive note, I am feeling better that I have for about eight month’s and this makes me and my family very happy. I still have to take anti-sickness tablets, but life is now more acceptable.

We pick up our new Ford Fiesta on Monday and this will cheer Rob up as it is his first brand new car.

1 comment:

AJW4 said...

Good luck with the decision making, hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather. My partner was diagnosed last October, we are now with Dr Steele, so you are in good hands.

Amanda