Friday 22 April 2011


My blood test results show an improvement in my kidney function, It is still too low but moving slowly in the right direction. I had my third radiotherapy treatment yesterday and although a little sore, no other side effects, so all good.

I will probably go on chemo in a couple of weeks but am enjoying feeling so much better at last. The sunshine is also a real boost to my well being.

The Cancer Research Race for Life team has now grown to nine people, maybe even a tenth, This will be the biggest team I have managed to put together since I started doing the race three years ago. My lovely sister is too ill to run this year but has a promise of a place on the team next year when I know she will have conquered her cancer. I thank her for running with us the last two years.

We intend to try and beat last years race target of £4000.00, but it is proving much more difficult this year as people are very worried about their jobs and finances, so I thank everyone who has, or will sponsor us this year.

Long may this wonderful weather continue as it really lifts every one's spirit.

No comments: