Friday 8 April 2011

Radiotherapy appointment at last.

I have finally got my fist appointment with the radiotherapy consultant, it is next wednesday. I see him first, and then I have to make another appointment to get measured for the treatment, then another appointment to start the treatment. I don’t know how may sessions I will need, I guess the consultant will tell me when I see him.

My eGFR has gone down a bit and creatinine levels up a bit, and I will have another blood test on the 15th April when I hope the levels have improved.
I have to say I am feeling better than I have for some months, so that is positive.

I went to Brighton see my Sister, Dawn, who has kidney cancer with metastasis in her brain, lungs and bones. She didn’t look at all well but remains cheerful. The chemo and radiation has produced some promising results but she is suffering pretty horrible side effects.
She is one very brave lady.

No comments: