Monday 2 November 2009

Trick or Treat


Well we had about 50 trick or treaters in the course of one hour. They had all made an big effort to dress up and were quite scary. All of them said thank you for the chocolate bar and wished me a happy Halloween, the children were a pleasure to see. We had a lovely evening and didn't get home until very late.

I have emailed the Prof. as I am quite uncomfortable at night and find it hard to sleep, I even get woken up with the discomfort. I have asked if he can treat my right side next as it is giving me jip, unless he thinks another area is more urgent.. He replied within five minutes and said he could, so that will make me more comfortable if it works, fingers crossed. I am not sleeping well and I always blub easily when I am tired and this can be vary wearing both for me and for others!!


I also have a list of questions to ask next visit as last time after six hours in hospital my brain went into 'institutional' mode and I couldn't recall anything I had wanted to ask. Next time it will all be written down as follows:-

Questions for Prof. Dr. Thomas Vogl.

  • What bit is being done next?
  • How many treatments needed?
  • How long does the plug stay in place?
  • Do I need Blood tests? (My oncologist seems to think so)
  • What is the first drip they give me?
  • Has the tumour reduced in size, if so by how much?
  • Have the other tumours grown?
  • What happens about the lymph nodes?
The picture today is of a deserted beach
in the Costa Blanca, we came across it on a visit to Valencia. It went on for miles and was beautiful.

I have just been on one of my walks and my curly hair is acting like a wolly hat and makes my head very hot, but the weather is really uplifting, there is nothing like sunshine to lift your mood.



No comments: