Saturday 21 November 2009

Day five after second treatment.


'I've been reading your blog, it's like watching someone you love having a car crash....................'
This is what my cousin wrote to me, it made me think. I write the blog to keep friends and family up to date but at the same time I am reminding them that I am ill. I am sorry that there is this side effect to the blog.


Feeling pretty spaced and not with it, about the same as I felt after the first treatment. It would help if I could get a good nights sleep but I seem to wake up several times in the night. I will feel like this for a few more days then should improve a lot. It definitely feels as if something is going on in my chest so I am hoping for an even better result at my next treatment on the 4th January.

I am looking forward to our holiday at the end of the month, a few days cruising between the Canary Islands, Madeira and Morocco. The sunshine will certainly be most welcome for us both as this is as hard for Rob as it is for me.

Rob had his swine flu jab today so hopefully this will help as I can't have one for four more weeks. That is if I do have it. After the Prof. telling another Meso patient that he shouldn't have it I am now not quite sure what to do.

Thank you for the several offers of translation, I now have an idea of the blood tests I will need to have before the next treatment, it seems I must get my GP to do them. I am to telephone the German hospital if my bloods are not back to normal before I go again. I wonder what would happen if I didn't get them done?

Today's picture is of the wonderful team I had racing with me in this years Cancer Research Race For Life in Maidstone in May. I am the one in the centre. We walked the 5km and raised over £4.000 between us, thanks to the generosity of our wonderful sponsors. I am hoping to be able to do the race again next year, God willing.

I must seriously start thinking about Christmas shopping when we get back from our holiday. For those who have read an earlier blog we still have our nuts!

No comments: