Thursday 19 November 2009

Day three after second treatment.

It is day three after my second treatment and I must say that this time I can feel a lot more going on in my chest. I am quite uncomfortable in the area that the Prof. has just treated.

Hopefully this is good news and shows that the chemoembolization is doing its job. I did get some soreness last time too but not so early and not so much. Perhaps this means that this second treatment will be more successful!

The Prof. will treat the top front of my lung next time, which is in January.

I have been quite sleepy today and managed a catnap this afternoon. The first week after treatment is the worst, it leaves me feeling exhausted and a bit nauseous, but nothing like conventional chemotherapy did.

I have been out to post my foreign Christmas cards today and I couldn't have even considered doing anything so soon last year on conventional chemo.

I am hearing about so many people with cancer now and it is quite distressing. It is amazing that we can get on the moon but can't cure this awful disease yet. However there are lots of things in the pipeline so I must be more positive.

My family and friends are a real inspiration to me and I really appreciate them.
I do feel a bit humble though when I read of these poor young men getting killed in Afghanistan, at least I have experienced the majority of my life.

Today's picture is of a canoeist I photographed having fun in the Medway near our home. Several groups use the river with varying skills. It is great to see them enjoying the water.


No comments: